My submission for Diabetes Art Day 2013:
- Used Apidra vial with cap and stopper removed with fingernail clippers.
- Blood… from my fingertip
- Old used test strips
- Needle tops
- 1 Needle cap
- Torn paper with message written on it. “Waiting on a cure since 11-22-88”
How’d I do it?
First, I carefully took a pair of fingernail clippers and clipped away the metal top to the vial. It was very very easy to do. Then, like a ship in a bottle, I rolled the paper and stuck it in. Amazingly, it stuck to the side of the bottle no problem. Then, I added in strips and needles. I took the white bottom cap from the needle, pricked my finger with a deep setting, and got 2-3 big drops out like the old days. I then took the needle and filled it with blood, then inserted it into the bottle, and forced it back out quickly to get a spray-action on the paper. The rest filled the bottom. Then, I used a big needle used to fill my pump and used it to draw up a lot of Germ-x to almost fill the remaining space in the vial. Lastly, I took the orange top cap from the needle, wrapped a smidge of tape around it.. just enough to make it into a snug cork for the bottle. And Voila. It’s done. 🙂